Job Title: Operations Specialist
Employment Type: Part-time with the potential to grow into a full-time role.
Compensation: Open compensation based on experience.
Island Hope Wines is a boutique wine distributor in the United States Virgin Islands. We are looking for a self-driven, organized, forward-thinking Operations Specialist.
This is a part-time position located on St. John, Virgin Islands.
The successful candidate will manage the inventory, logistics, and bookkeeping functions for our business.
Inventory and Merchandising Responsibilities:
- Monitor inventory levels of wine and other items across various platforms.
- Conduct routine counts to identify low inventory products and place orders as needed.
- Receive, count, and distribute new products.
- Work closely with other team members in the mainland to keep proper inventory levels of wine.
- Run sales reports to assist management in analyzing sales trends, best-selling items, and unpopular inventory items.
- Maintain routine contact with key decision makers at local retailers and restaurants.
- Accurately delivers and check orders in to accounts.
- Communicate effectively to resolve any ordering or delivery needs.
- Arrives to work, appointments, meetings and other work-related functions on time and scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Review and post vendor invoices and prepare payments and checks as required.
- Deposit cash receipts and post as required.
- Review and bill completed client jobs.
- Send out monthly A/R statements and assist in client collections.
- Purchase supplies as authorized by management.
- Complete bank reconciliations.
- Review and reconcile purchase orders as needed.
- Complete projects given daily and weekly including but not limited to printing, filing, copying, scanning, faxing, creating e-mails or direct mail
- Assist in reconciling ledgers, reports and accounting records.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Must have 2-5 years of relative bookkeeping and administrative experience.
- Must be accurate, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Must be detail oriented and possess organizational skills to be able to handle multiple tasks throughout the day with changing priorities and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills are required along with a positive attitude and committed to achieving company goals.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule and respond to on-call requests for emergency orders.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.